Sunday, January 30, 2011

I don't like walnuts



Today I woke up grumpy. I went to bed around 1:30 and didn't get to sleep until past 4:30, not exactly sure why. I have been planning on making the Walnut Acorn Cookies (published in Dec 2000) all week. I bought the walnuts last Tuesday, when I was buying the ingredients for the last cooky I made for this blog. I woke up grumpy, thinking about these cookies and eager to have the adventure.

I don't really like nuts, generally, so I wasn't particularly excited about making these for the taste but happy for the procedure. I melted the butter as the recipe requested and chopped the walnuts finely, taking my time to enjoy the procedure. I didn't want walnut mush, as a food processor might create so I took the walnuts one or two at a time and chopped chopped chopped. The cookies were easy to mix and form and at 375 degrees, they took a minute less than the 10 minutes to bake.

I had trouble with the melted chocolate for dipping so I used a different pan and put it directly over the flame (instead of the double boiler) and since I had less than the one cup of chips called for, ended up with half a cup semi sweet chips and one oz unsweetened chocolate melted together and dipped the cookies into that. It was plenty sweet.


These cookies were fun and easy to make and even though I don't like walnuts particularly, I think this cooky is delicious. David is very happy to eat these and is somewhat reluctant regarding my plans to bring the bulk of these to a feeding tube records event tonight.


Don't forget to brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment